Keep these five essentials in mind when working with your designer to create a new logo design:
1. Your logo should be unique. It should especially be different than your local competitor’s.
2. Be sure your logo is clean and easy to read at both large and small sizes.
3. Your logo should work well in black and white as well as color.
4. Keep in mind where your logo will be used. For instance, if it’s going to be embroidered on uniforms it needs to be simple and work well in one or two colors.
5. Your logo should be created in vector outline with a program like Adobe Illustrator. Vector outline graphics can be scaled as large as a billboard or as small as a button and still look sharp. Many clients are dismayed when they send their new logo to a sign maker and discover it has to be recreated in vector outline.
So now that you know a little more about the essentials of logo design, you’re ready to start working with a graphic designer to create your own. We’d love to help. Contact us today.